Wastewater Futures has an extensive background in process design and commissioning of biological wastewater treatment plants. Complementing our laboratory process study capability, our process design services focus on industrial wastewaters.
We have expertise in the design of high rate aerobic biological processes such as Moving Bed Bioreactors (MBBR), Sequencing Batch Reactors (SBR) and Membrane Bioreactors (MBR). We also have experience with anaerobic processes and wastewater recycling systems. Some examples of process design work includes:
- Process design and commissioning of MBBR + activated sludge for paper mill wastewater treatment. The image (top left) is the recently commissioned MBBR + AS at Boyer, Tasmania. Wastewater Futures undertook the process design and commissioning.
- Design and commissioning of MBBR for ammonia removal from the reverse osmosis concentrate (ROC) at the Bundamba AWTP.
- Design of landfill leachate treatment plants, using the SBR process
- Design of aerobic BOD removal plants for the food industry, both SBR and MBBR
- Design of industrial BNR plants using the SBR process for the meat processing industry
- Optimisation of existing industrial plants for biological phosphorus removal.